May 1, 2007

To My Friend Jane

Mary Jane Johnson, my very good friend.

Happy birthday, though it's a day late. (Isn't it annoying when people say "I know it's late but I still mean this so much..." blah blah blah... I think we're friends enough to know that much!)

I like you because

1) You can always make me laugh, even when nothing is funny but you. You know, like that time there were ants in the cooler box... Quote: "We've had years of experience".

2) Life is not boring with you... and if it is, you will dream up a crazy idea of something to do. (Like when we snuck out of the tent.)

3) You are so un-typical. You don't befriend people by saying the usual "You're so cute... you have such nice eyes... I really like your..." blah blah blah. And it's always nice when there's someone around who's got the balls to say what they really think, and you are that way.

4) Over the however-long I have known you, we have formed so many private jokes, I tried to make a dictionary out of it. I can't remember why I gave up. Maybe there were too many. Since meeting you so many words have taken on a new meaning.


2 comments:

MaryJane said...

awwwww! sweetie! that made me cry, and laugh. not really.
but thanks! love ya bitch!

Skunk said...

Yeah... love you too.